POLEnet - Spread-spectrum Licence-free Radio Based RTUs
and Edge Units for Irrigation and Industrial Control
The POLEnet family of wireless units is the most advanced, state-of-the-art,
solution to agricultural and industrial automation available today.
The network is capable of long range automation through the use
of license-free radios, thereby eliminating the need for cumbersome
wiring which is susceptible to damage.
All POLEnet units are customisable and intelligent. Large farms
will be able to have a centrally located masterPOLE with a user
interface, and microPOLEs acting as relay stations, allowing other
micro and pico POLEs to perform necessary tasks. In the unlikely
case that there should be a breakdown of long range communications,
the POLE family of units can operate independently as per previous
instructions until communications are reestablished.
The POLEnet family
masterPOLE - smartPOLE - microPOLE - picoPOLE
The POLEnet units operate as independent units, and as clusters.
For agricultural purposes, a masterPOLE or smartPOLE serve as intelligent
controlling stations. They are then able to communicate instructions
to clusters out in the field. These clusters are modular as per
individual need. A cluster may consist of any number of smart, micro
and pico POLES.
How does it work?
For example, if a large number of locally controlled water valves
need to be operated, then one smartPOLE is capable of handling the
requirement. However, if valves need to be spread over 100 m distances,
then a combination of micro and pico POLES using both wire and wireless
communications provide the solution.
The masterPOLE and smartPOLE
Characteristics and Features:
- High quality UV stable sealed enclosure
- High density surface mount technology.
- Wiring of inputs & outputs via internal screw terminals.
- RS-232 via internal RJ-45 connectors.
- RS-485/422 via internal screw terminals.
- Radio antenna via external TNC connector.
- All cable entry via sealed glands
Processor & Memory
- Optional backlit, large, full graphics LCD and keypad
- In System Programmable 32 Bit CPU
- 128kByte to 640kByte flash memory
- 128kByte to 512kByte of battery backed CMOS memory
- 256Bytes to 8kByte EEPROM memory
- Battery backed real-time clock calendar
- Optimized power consumption via programmable operating speeds
from 0.032MIPS to 14MIPS, and via individually switchable peripherals
and sections of peripherals
- Two uncommitted LEDs
- Watch-dog timer for reliable operation
- Spread-spectrum license free radio
- GSM modem
- GSM SMS
- Public Packet Radio Modems
- Infra Red (IrDa)
- RS232 ports
- RS485 ports
- RS422 ports
- Eldar Shany ELGAL-2000